90mm2 Oak Newel Posts
Choice of lengths, design and full or half newels
This is a range of UK manufactured white oak newel posts, made to a full 90mm square size. Further to this, they are available in plain square or stop chamfer design.
We make these posts in a range of lengths and in full and half newel variants. Simply select which you require. We use prime grade white oak in the manufacture of these newels. At Heritage, our specialist staff mould the posts to a good finish with 2mm radiused edges for ease of finishing. We also have a range of caps available, please see our other listings.
- 1500mm x 90 x 90 – The most popular newel used at the top and bottom of the staircase
- 1500mm x 90 x 43 – The 1500mm newel in a half newel format for installing against the wall. Normally used at the end of the landing to neatly finish a handrail against the wall.
- 2000 x 90 x 90 – often used at the bottom of a staircase where there is a bullnose step
- 2400 x 90 x 90 – useful at the bottom of the stairs where there are winder steps to start the flight (note, check you can remove the old newel if you are refurbishing your stairs)
- 3600 x 90 x 90 – a full-height newel used where a newel runs from the upper floor down to the next floor (note, check you can remove the old newel if you are refurbishing your stairs)
- Spigot newel – We recommend using these where a newel cannot be removed. You can cut down the existing newel and graft a spigot newel onto the top.
Newels are available in either stop chamfer or plain square designs.
These oak newels are manufactured using a good quality timber grade to give you a nice quality post. There will be live knots within the posts and the occasional black knotPosts are manufactured from 3 or 4 sections that are carefully laminated togther. This is a much stronger construction than posts made from a single piece of oak, and is much more resistant to warping or cracking
Oak newels are supplied machined to a smooth surface finish and supplied bare ready for you to prefinish on site.When oak is machined you can sometimes get slight lifting of the grain in small areas, particlarly where the grain varies such as around knots. This can be easily sanded smooth prior to applying a finish and is normal for this timber.We can prefinish your oak newels in a traditional finish if you require or you can purchase the newels natural/unfinished.
We use multiple couriers to ensure your item is delivered safely and efficiently, lead times are as below
Please note, anything to Scotland, Cornwall, or the South Coast can take up to 4 weeks in transit. Please call us for an approximate lead time as time will be dependent on the quantity of items you purchase
1-3 Working Days
3-5 Working Days
We do not currently deliver to Scottish Highlands, Islands, or Ireland