90mm2 Oak Newel Posts
Choice of lengths, design and full or half newels
We make these posts in a range of lengths and in full and half newel variants. Simply select which you require. We use prime grade white oak in the manufacture of these newels. At Heritage, our specialist staff mould the posts to a good finish with 2mm radiused edges for ease of finishing. We also have a range of caps available, please see our other listings.
- 1500mm x 90 x 90 – The most popular newel used at the top and bottom of the staircase
- 1500mm x 90 x 43 – The 1500mm newel in a half newel format for installing against the wall. Normally used at the end of the landing to neatly finish a handrail against the wall.
- 2000 x 90 x 90 – often used at the bottom of a staircase where there is a bullnose step
- 2400 x 90 x 90 – useful at the bottom of the stairs where there are winder steps to start the flight (note, check you can remove the old newel if you are refurbishing your stairs)
- 3600 x 90 x 90 – a full-height newel used where a newel runs from the upper floor down to the next floor (note, check you can remove the old newel if you are refurbishing your stairs)
- Spigot newel – We recommend using these where a newel cannot be removed. You can cut down the existing newel and graft a spigot newel onto the top.
Newels are available in either stop chamfer or plain square designs.