Oak Mexicano style doors are a hugely popular option for both period and modern properties. This 56mm oak doorset is the premium choice for discerning homeowners looking for a stylish door backed up with quality British manufacturing. Fully finished and ready to fit, doorsets also save much time on site both fitting and finishing and can be a very cost effective option.
Choose from the features below, or if you prefer, why not design your own door from scratch using our unique Door Designer
Prior to your doorset being manufactured we will send you a fully dimensioned drawing for you to check.
Oak Mexicano 56mm Doorsets – Features
We build Heritage 56mm doorsets to a superb specification with numerous features as standard
– Mortice and tenon joints to the door, cross laminated centre panel installed with a fully bedded sealing system. We machine all 56mm doors with a chamfered leading edge and drip groove. Our experts fit all doors with solid oak weather bars
– Custom made oak door frame, prefitted with an 18mm door seal. Heritage supply all door sets with a twin seal low profile threshold sill.
– German made multipoint locking systems for the best security. “Slam shut” style systems are used to better reflect the feel of a traditional timber door. No need to lift the handle to engage the deadlocks, all deadlocks engage automatically just by shutting the door. All locks are fitted with high quality Eurocylinder locks and supplied with 3 keys
– Fully adjustable door hinges and lock keeps all for perfect adjustment once the door is installed.
– Doors are spray finished using high thixtropic water based finishes to carefully controlled coat thicknesses. Each coat is cured in an infrared booth with a careful sanding between coats. End grain sealer is used at all points in the door where moisture ingress can cause issues.
Oak Mexicano: Manufacture
We make these stunning doors on our state of the art CNC machine in our Sheffield Factory. Our joiners use a high quality prime grade of oak, specially selected to suit our external door specification. We then make the frame and door of solid oak. Doors are 56mm thick with 100mm deep frames and we manufacture the inner panels to 44mm thick cross laminated oak for stability. We use 3 part lamination on all of our 56mm door stiles and frames for excellent stability.
Our CNC design team, can customize your door with your requirements. We are able to alter the sizes of the stiles and rails to produce a door that is perfect for each individual. Heritage also offer this style in a glazed version.
We secure the joints with the mortice and tenon structure, with the inner framework secured with dowels.
All major hardware is pre-fitted to the door. Your multipoint lock and keeps are fitted to CNC machined apertures in the frame. Where chosen, lever handles are supplied loose to avoid transit damage. Spyholes and knockers are also supplied loose for onsite fitting as the location of these is an individual choice.
Where you choose black hardware, we will fit matching black hinges. All hinges are adjustable in 3 dimensions with lock keeps adjustable to fine tune compression of the weather seal. Simply let us know if your door hinges from the right or left looking from the outside.
To order this Oak Mexicano door set, all we need is your total opening size so we can manufacture your door and frame to suit. Please leave this in the notes box at checkout.
As soon as you have placed your order, within 24 hours you will receive a diagram and confirmation for you to sign off. Simply to reply to our email stating you are happy with the measurements given, and we will programme your door and send it straight off to production. For any amendments and advice, our friendly design team will be happy to help.